Job descriptionFormative Search is working closely with one of the biggest market cap companies in the world that is purchasing renewable energy at an astounding rate. The Asia Pacific region is continuing to be a key market for them, and they've asked our team to lead the hire of a Head of Strategy whom will grow their Corporate PPA business and portfolio in Japan.
What are the main responsibilities of the Head of Strategy?
- Analyze the different markets in Japan, whilst developing and implement a sales and marketing strategy for bulking up the PPA business in the country.
- Use your own network and develop a company network in Japan to the source, evaluate and negotiate new opportunities and PPAs.
- Lead the renewable energy strategy and deployment in Japan through market transaction origination, structuring, project and financial diligence.
- Establish partnerships and JV with developers, EPC companies, Real Estate companies, or any other company that could accelerate the sourcing pipeline of projects.
- Set and continually manage project forecasts with team members and other stakeholders.
- BS in Engineering, Business, or Economics is required; a Master’s degree is preferred.
- 10 or more years of experience in the Energy, Infrastructure, or Power markets.
- Strong background in renewable energy transactions and origination, energy innovation projects and infrastructure development.
- Great network of Renewable Energy players and government agencies in Japan.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a strong ability to explain complex technical topics and systems.
- Proven ability to work and excel in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment and to perform multiple roles and functions simultaneously.
- Experience working for an international organization strongly preferred.