Formative Search has partnered with a newly set up Renewable Energy developer who is solidly expanding across Asia Pacific. To support the Country Head of Renewables, we are looking for an Investment Manager for their new Australia build out. This platform will be for developing large scale projects in both onshore mainstream renewable’s technologies in Wind, Solar, & Energy Storage, but also emerging Tech like Hydrogen & Ammonia.
What will the Investment Manager be doing?
- Conduct market analysis and specific company research to originate and evaluate investment opportunities.
- Lead the investment process for all renewable energy and energy transition projects in Australia.
- Constructing detailed financial models, with scenarios and sensitivity analysis, for potential investment opportunities.
- Engage and manage third party consultants and advisors to assist with due diligence on the investment opportunities
- Review the drafting of all transaction documents/contracts, including term sheets, SPAs, land lease agreements, and off-take contracts.
- Source project finance and take a leading role in the negotiations and documentation.
- Prepare weekly investment committee memos and other internal materials.
- Collaboration across the company on investment opportunities and local strategy.
What will the Investment Manager look like?
- 5+ years of relevant investment experience within an infrastructure or renewable energy investment platform, or in investment banking, fund management or corporate finance/M&A.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including extension financial modelling experience.
- Demonstrated M&A experience, preferably in the energy sector, and a successful record in leading the investment process through due diligence until closing.
- Experience raising debt for renewable energy projects in Australia highly desirable
- Strong ability to make effective investment decisions.
- Proficient with market and industry research in renewable energy assets.
- A strong communicator with excellent stakeholder management skill and ability to interact well with different functions and levels.
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Willing to travel frequently.
- An organised self-starter who can learn quickly and an independent critical thinker with exceptional analytical ability.