Job descriptionFormative Search is working closely with a key player in the energy sector and is seeking an experienced professional to join their team as the Deputy General Manager for LNG Marketing in Singapore.
You will play a pivotal role in providing strategic advice on commercial structures, managing risks, and identifying value-added opportunities for LNG sales. You will actively collaborate with the headquarters teams to focus on new project opportunities in the downstream LNG value chain.
This role demands a deep understanding of LNG markets, strong negotiation skills, and the ability to explore and develop LNG sales opportunities across the APAC region.
- Provide advice on commercial structures and contracts for LNG sales.
- Collaborate with HQ on new project opportunities in the LNG value chain downstream.
- Provide intelligence on LNG markets and APAC LNG players.
- Explore, develop, and realize LNG sales opportunities in collaboration with third-party clients in APAC.
- 4-year degree in engineering, law, or business.
- 8+ years of experience in trading/origination within LNG and physical gas.
- Strong understanding of power/energy markets and key stakeholders in Asia.
- Ability to formulate a business plan for the LNG business.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Broad knowledge across the oil, gas, LNG, and power industries.
- Highly driven, detail-oriented, and hard-working individual.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Strong interest in commercial processes and contract terminology.
- Effective negotiating skills with the flexibility to work independently or as part of a team.
- Experience in business/project development activities of the power industry is an advantage.