Job descriptionFormative Search has been mandated on a search for a Director of Project Development in Singapore, for a newly set up renewable energy platform that is backed by one of the largest funds in the world. They will be spending a considerable amount over the 2020s to become of the largest renewable power players across the globe.
What the Project Development Director needs to achieve:
- Develop and implement a project development strategy in Asia Pacific that will achieve the company's capacity ramp-up objectives, in close coordination with the C level.
- Identify potential project locations for solar, wind, and hybrid generation and storage projects, and negotiate land agreements with landowners and other key government and community stakeholders.
- Manage the development approval process from start to finish, including navigating the various renewable project permitting processes and costs in each country of the region.
- Identify and participate in generation and/or storage offtake opportunities for projects that the company develops, and negotiate power purchase agreements for solar, wind, hybrid, and/or storage projects.
- Use an in-depth understanding of renewable project connection processes and costs in the region to work with partners on utility-scale renewable power projects.
What will a successful Project Development Director look like?
- 15 or more years of experience in the Energy, Infrastructure, or Power markets.
- Has a demonstrable successful track record of developing utility-scale renewable power projects in Asia and elsewhere.
- Strong background in renewable energy transactions and origination, energy innovation projects and infrastructure development.
- Real knowledge of project development, including project management, de-risking and mitigation of project risk, financing, technical standards and processes, regulatory and permitting processes, and experience in auction bidding processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a strong ability to explain complex technical topics and systems.
- Proven ability to work and excel in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment and to perform multiple roles and functions simultaneously.
- Experience working for an international organization strongly preferred.
Our client is truly set to be one of the leaders in Asia Renewable Energy, and this role will provide the opportunity to be in the epicentre of it all. Our client will offer a salary reflective of the candidates’ value and role, but the cream will be in a long term incentive bonus upon reaching the desired targets of the role. If you believe this is a career opportunity for you, please get in touch with me or my colleague Lily at firstname.lastname@example.org.