Formative Search has begun working closely with one of the world’s largest Energy firms, whom are investing heavily into the Corporate and Industrial space in Renewable Energy. Making the move to cleaner energy, they are providing Solar Energy to Fortune 500 brands, MNCs, and SMEs all around the globe. They are doing this through their unique Solar Rooftop solutions being installed on multiple facilities for their corporate and industrial clients.
In Asia, where the focus of this energy transition is taking place, they have engaged us on an exclusive search for a Regional Sales Director to build up their India business. The Sales Director will be leading the C&I Solar initiative across this unique country.
What are the main responsibilities of the Regional Sales Director?
- Selling the Commercial & Industrial (C&I) business, including but not limited to marketing, business development, sales and service.
- Develop accurate segmentation and targeting of the market including identification of customer and market opportunities, establishing balance of long-term pipeline and short-term revenue.
- Develop your network to ensure the company is being recommended and introduced to strategic opportunities.
- Structure and Industrialize the process around identifying and serving customers’ needs to match the company’s corporate strategy.
- Identify and target strategic clients and projects, establish long-term & trustful relationships with customers.
- Guide and participate in project team to effectively implement the customer and project plans.
- Be flexible and proactive to deal with complex situations and achieve sales targets.
- Performance will be assessed by pipeline generation, projects closed, project profitability, revenue, customer relationship enhancement, brand influence, enhanced competitiveness and team building.
What will a successful Regional Sales Director look like?
- 10+ years of sales / business development experience.
- Engineering and / or Business Degree, from a reputable school or university.
- Knows how to analyse the market to identify attractive customers.
- Identifying effective ways to connect directly with customers at the factory level and senior management.
- Capability to coordinate with technical teams internally and externally.
- Able to negotiate on high-value contracts and help bring them to a close.
- Strong commercial acumen and knows how to work in an international setting.
- Proven track record of selling sophisticated solutions to major clients.
- Excellent communication skills coupled with a dynamic approach to sales.
- Success-oriented and comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-pace environment.
- Must be able to be based full time and permanently in India.
Our client is truly set to be one of the leading renewable energy investors who have successfully scaled a C&I business. This role will provide the opportunity to be in the epicentre of cleaner energy in India whilst in front of an amazing brand. Our client will offer a salary reflective of the candidates’ value and role, but the cream will be in an attractive annual bonus upon reaching the target of installed capacity. On top of this, the Sales Director could have the opportunity to eventually become a Country Head of this fantastic and growing business.
Apply for this job