Our client is a global commodities trading company that is looking to hire a Regulatory Counsel. This is a new hire as the business expands and would work with a close knit legal team in Singapore.
- Project manage ISDA negotiations with banks and corporates, support the growth of the trading’s OTC Derivatives business.
- Monitor international regulatory developments with focus on trade compliance and paper trading (both exchange and OTC).
- Advise the Compliance department on regulatory changes, and development of their function.
- Work closely with legal counsel and compliance professionals in Singapore and across the world to ensure that the compliance function is properly advised on regulatory risks.
Apply for this job
- Minimum 7 years of PQE
- Law Degree, common law qualified lawyer, admission to the bar or equivalent
- International regulatory experience (EU/UK/U.S.)
- Strong academic background from a leading university.
- Experience negotiating ISDA agreements.
- Experience in trading, commodity derivatives and/or regulatory work. Law firm experience is desirable.
- Exposure to Compliance matters (sanctions, anti-corruption, human rights) or a strong interest.
- Strong interest in business and industry.
- Self-starter with minimum supervision expected.