Senior Business Development Manager
The senior business development manager is tasked with identifying, assessing, and closing solar utility-scale projects in South Korea. Responsibilities also includes working with third party contractors, internal teams, and consultants in various countries. With the aim to perform due diligence and deliver projects according to strategies. A key requirement for the role is to have experience in development of utility-scale PV systems, knowing the players in the market and understanding the regulations in Korea. Has a strong network of contacts for origination and development of projects with a strong track record of successfully developed PV projects in South Korea.
• Responsible for managing the M&A and development of solar utility scale projects in South Korea.
• Improve relationships with landowners, project developers, government agencies, regulatory bodies and relevant market participants.
• Travel to different province to review potential solar opportunities and develop strategies for acquisition, development, and execution.
• Define project scope, budget estimations, execution strategies, goals and deliverables that support business goals.
• Handle the negotiation of commercial transactions and project acquisitions.
• Manage the completion of legal documents (contracts, agreements, etc.) with project stakeholders and in-house and external legal teams.
• Work closely with internal management and stakeholders during the project life cycle.
• Deliver progress reports, proposals, documentation, and be the company’s representative in the market.
• Participate in tradeshows, workshops or other events to promote business interest and develop new project opportunities.
• Minimum 6 years of experience successfully developing solar projects in South Korea with a proven track record.
• Able to make tough decisions on the viability of the projects based on commercial and regulatory requirements.
• Bilingual in Korean and English
• Basic knowledge in power point presentations, financial modelling and creating a spreadsheet.
• Have an entrepreneur mindset with the ability to work under ambiguous targets.