Formative Search has long term partnered with one of the world's leaders in the energy transition, and our New Energies team is supporting a key hire for an interim Technical Advisor to oversee their regional project portfolio across Asia. This role will cover all technical aspects required for the build out of large scale projects in onshore mainstream renewables technologies such as Wind, Solar, & Energy Storage, but also emerging Tech like Green Hydrogen & Ammonia.
What will the Technical Advisor be doing?
- Support strategic planning initiatives for the group, helping to identify, prioritize, and execute on investment opportunities, and communicate opportunities and ideas in real time to the broader team;
- Directly negotiate and provide oversight to associated team members/parties that are negotiating a variety of contracts associated with energy projects;
- Develop contractual strategies consistent with project, regional and broader objectives and market design/ risks and maximize the bandwidth of the internal and broader teams;
- Drive project developing efforts individually and with the broader team to meet objectives as set in the Company's business plan;
- Drive business development (e.g. exploration, identification, evaluation and prosecution of new opportunities to include M&A) efforts directly and in conjunction with the broader team;
- Utilize your track record, experience and industry relationships to develop new opportunities;
- Develop and monetize counterparty relationships (i.e. key financing parties and counterparties broadly in the market).
What we expect a Technical Advisor to look like:
- Minimum 20 years of experience in managing energy/infrastructure businesses, with solid exposure to Renewable Power, and a Master’s in Engineering, Business or Economics is a plus;
- Strong initiative and great comfort working in unstructured environments, as well as capable negotiating, and project/process and team management skills;
- Deep understanding of value creation in renewable energy power assets and markets in the region;
- Proven ability to structure complex financial transactions (including tax, equity structures), with a clear understanding of potential legal and credit issues, as well as an appreciation for the associated origination, operational and technical implications;
- Deep understanding of power markets, policy and regulations, vendors, consultancy service providers, and power economics in Asia;
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship management and collaboration skills within large organizations and with broad multi-party outside organizations;
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with financing partners and counter-parties, at the individual and company level;
- Ability to summarize and present complex issues and opportunities into succinct and actionable terms;
- Capability to implement process within an interdisciplinary team setting and to prioritize tasks to align with goals and effectively manage competing deadlines;
- Analytical problem solving skills, and can operate with unquestioned integrity.
This is a unique opportunity for someone to join a company that is growing rapidly in this new energies market. Our client will want this role to be based on an approximate 6 month contract but could be extended for 2 years, and would suit someone comfortable with a consulting role. If you are interested please get in touch - email@example.com and share a value proposition on why you're a great fit.