TECHNICAL DIRECTOR – WIND
Formative Search has begun working closely with a client who is spending billions to become a truly diversified energy giant, promoting the use of Renewable Energy. Making the move to cleaner energy, they are providing all-in-one solutions to the development and construction of its renewable energy projects becoming the leading IPP globally with its solar, wind and hydro assets. In Asia, where the focus of this energy transition is taking place, they have engaged us on an exclusive search for a Technical Director - Wind to build up their Asia business. This role will lead the development of advanced wind projects in Indonesia through development, financial close and construction.
What are the main responsibilities of this role?
- Lead and supervise all project development milestones including but not limited to securing land and permits, completion of environmental studies and coordination with consultants and advisors;
- Lead and supervise all aspects of wind engineering from wind measurement campaigns to layout / design optimization and WTG selection;
- Lead and supervise EPC procurement process including both EPC and O&M contracts negotiation;
- Develop and maintain project development budgets and timelines for internal and external stakeholders;
- Initiate and maintain relationships with key stakeholders such as PLN and Ministry of Energy along with various Government entities;
- Lead and supervise participation in renewable energy tenders for PPAs and participate in PPA negotiations processes;
- Manage a project and engineering team; and
- Coordinate and report effectively with management and technical teams overseas.
What will a successful candidate look like?
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience in wind projects development and construction;
- Proven track record of bringing projects from development to COD;
- Methodological, process and detail oriented individual;
- Ability to lead engineering and project teams and make critical and practical decisions for a business;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders and key decision makers;
- Driven, hands on and entrepreneurial;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Master’s degree from a Internationally reputable University; and;
- Asian language, Bahasa and/or French a plus.
Our client is truly set to be one of the leading energy giants who have successfully scaled a Renewable Energy business in the future. This role will provide the opportunity to be in the epicentre of cleaner energy in Asia whilst in front of an amazing brand. Our client will offer a salary reflective of the candidates’ value and role, but the cream will be in an attractive annual bonus upon reaching the target of installed capacity.