Technical Director, Solar C&I – Singapore
Formative Search has partnered with one of the world’s most active companies in the global energy landscape, and been exclusively mandated to recruit a Technical Director of Solar, based in their regional HQ in Singapore. Our client is focused on building a pipeline of renewable energy projects across the globe in all technologies, though providing Solar Energy to Corporates in Asia is key. Due to a successful business last year and new growth opportunities, we are recruiting a Technical Director whom will oversee the development and construction activities of all their C&I Solar projects.
What will the Technical Director in Solar C&I be responsible for?
· Act as the key construction management representative in overseeing the construction of individual solar projects.
· Ensure implementation and compliance with technical requirements for each project.
· Monitor and audit contractors’ performance and strict compliance with EPC Agreements.
· Undertake site visits, attend system commissioning and other tasks as may be required to ensure the successful performance of the investment portfolio.
· Ensure strict control of, and adherence to, project programme, budget, and the contract administration process.
· Help establish, refine and monitor reporting procedures to ensure that ‘up to date’ information is at hand in respect of contract position and financials.
· Participate in and review all contractual correspondence, attend meeting schedules with EPC Contractors, service providers and internal teams to oversee and control delivery requirements to ensure timely decision making and problem solving.
· Oversee development of, implementation of, and compliance with, company policies, management plans and manuals from a technical perspective.
· Monitor the workplace health and safety performance of the various EPC Contractors across the sites to ensure minimum standards are met and processes adjusted where appropriate.
· Appoint and work closely with external technical advisors where appropriate.
· Support the development team in liaising with counter parties including customers, contractors, Government and community interest groups.
· Provide construction delivery inputs for weekly and monthly reporting.
· Trouble shooting and problem-solving delivery related issues as they arise.
· Maintain working knowledge of current (and proposed) solar related standards and statutes.
· Any other tasks that would be required to fulfill the position.
What will the Technical Director need to look like?
· Bachelor’s Degree in construction management, engineering or a related field.
· A minimum of 10 years’ experience with an energy developer, utility or related field performing a Construction Manager, Technical Manager or Project Engineer role for solar facilities.
· Have excellent project management capability, and strong communication skills with the ability to liaise at all levels.
· Enjoy and be effective at developing and nurturing client relationships at the appropriate level.
· Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills.
· Be ambitious, motivated and have the drive to succeed, and be a team player.
· Ideal if another Asian language is spoken fluently.
Our client is truly set to be one of the leader’s in the global Renewable Energy arena from 2020 onwards. This is an opportunity that doesn't come often, set amongst the backdrop of the world's energy transition, and with an impressive team. My client will offer an attractive package with solid bonuses for exceptional performance, along with a relocation one time allowance if necessary. If you're a capable, motivated and stand out senior solar technical professional, then you should be on this team.